All references for lead screws in DINGS have following characteristics.
- Lead Screw Material
- 303 Stainless precision cold rolled steel
- Screw Coating
- Teflon coating is optional
- Standard Screw Accuracy
0.08 inch / foot (6.66mm/Meter)
- Screw Straightness
- 0.008 inch/foot (0.666mm/Meter), measured as Total Indicated Runout (TIR). All screws are carefully checked for straightness before shipment.
- Screw Efficiency
- From 35% to 85% dependent on lead. Also depends on the usage of an Anti-Backlash nut with screw. The larger lead, higher efficiency of screw.
- Operating Temperature
- -20℃ ~ 55℃
- Storage Temperature
- -20°C to +50°C, Keep in dry.
- Screw Backlash
- 0.01mm~0.1mm, depends on different lead. Anti-Backlash nut should be considered for high bi-directional positioning repeatability.
- System Backlash
- Includes screw, motor and attached mechanics. This will be the sum of all backlash in customer's motion axes.
- Nut Material
- Polyacetal or Polybutylene with lubricating additive. Standard is a free-whelling nut (Anti-backlash nut is available)
- Wear Life of Screw and Nut
- Depends on load, speed, duty cycle and environmental factors but typically it is ≥ 5 Million cycles.
DINGS' Linear systems are manufactured from high quality materials. Because of variable effects of friction, lubrication and cleanliness, exact life cycle can not be predicted.